The copyright of the majority of the material digitised on this website is either expired, or owned by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Trust. In the latter case, the images have been made available on a non-commercial basis, via a Creative Commons license.
Some material is under Crown copyright, which persists until 125 years after creation for non-published works. This material is licensed under the Open Government License v.3.0.
We have checked, wherever possible, the copyright status of all other material and contacted, where necessary, rights-holders for permission to make it available on this site. All reasonable efforts have been made to identify rights holders and ensure appropriate permissions are sought, but in some cases the identity is unknown. Therefore we cannot guarantee that we have traced and contacted rights-holders for all material. As a result, all our digitised collections are subject to a takedown policy.
On receipt of a request to takedown material, we will respond by immediately removing the material in question. The request will then be assessed by a review panel who will aim to respond in four weeks.
Material will be withdrawn from the site if one or more of the following criteria is met:
- The material is in copyright, and the copyright-holder refuses permission for it to be made available online.
- The material contains personal information about someone who is still alive and continued online access would be unlawful or unfair to him under the Data Protection Act or would breach his or his family’s right to a private and family life under the Human Rights Act 1998.
- The material contains personal information about a deceased individual that requires closure or restriction
- The material is defamatory or obscene.
- The material acquires sensitivity by virtue of being made available online.
All takedowns will be signalled openly on this website.
Material removed for reasons of copyright will be reassessed for inclusion on the site as the copyright expires, or when the rights-holder agrees that it can be reinstated. Material removed due to Data Protection or sensitivity will be reassessed on an annual basis.
To contact us or request takedown of material please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org